Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm the person who clicks on banner ads


I'm not usually one for clicking on banner advertisements, but today while searching for the latest Reds signings I noticed a Cargill advertisement on the side.

I've really never thought about Cargill as a company, but I know on my various road trips Cargill is a name that I see on trucks, in fields, and gas stations. This past week I had the chance to try out some of Cargill's newest offering, Truvia, so I clicked. I was taken to a Cargill's case studies and navigated to Cargill's website and learned that, "Cargill is an international provider of food, agricultural and risk management products and services. With 160,000 employees in 67countries, the company is committed to using its knowledge and experience to collaborate with customers to help them succeed." I never realized how big and far reaching of a company they were - they have their hands in Agriculture & Animal Nutrition, Financial & Risk Management, Food, Health & Pharmaceutical, and Industrial
Definitely check them out.

Now, back to Truvia, which is a natural sweeter that I found to be better than Splenda, and became a big fan of Splenda. The interesting thing about Truvia is that they haven't locked up a color. If you dine out you know that Splenda = Yellow, Sweet & Low = Pink, Equal= Blue, Sugar in the Raw = Brown, but Truvia is white with green, so I wonder how it will work out in the long run for Truvia's equity - will it get too confused with sugar?

Here some quick things to know about Truvia (from their site)
  • Truvia™ natural sweetener is refreshingly uncomplicated. Sprinkle it on your grapefruit. Spoon it in your coffee. It won't end up on your conscience or your thighs.
  • One packet of Truvia™ natural sweetener provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
  • Truvia™ natural sweetener is a great alternative for people with diabetes. It is also kosher certified.
By the way, Odwalla and Sprite will be making beverages with Truvia by the way.

FYI- Here's a recipe for some Truvia Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

ShareThis