Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why have one bypass when you can have a double




Last night I worked a bit . . . on clearing off the DVR. Catching up on my Man v. Food (see prior post ), I witnessed perhaps the greatest sandwich known to man - The Double Bypass. Having lived in Atlanta for 7 years, and being a connoisseur of fine foods, I can't believe neither my friends nor myself ever witnessed/tried to eat this beast.


The Double Bypass is one of many burger at the Vortex, an "upscale" biker bar that is like a TGI Fridays that is cooler and has good food (especially awesome Tater Tots), so now that I think about it, it's nothing like a Fridays.


DOUBLE BYPASS BURGER
Topped with two fried eggs, four slices of American
cheese, and 5 slices of bacon, with two grilled cheese
sandwiches replacing the buns.


Over the years The Vortex is consistently voted Top Burger in Atlanta, which is somewhat agree with. It's a good burger, but I've had better in Atlanta - Ted's Montana Grill (Bison), Ann's Snack Bar, and others. Well, regardless, the Double Bypass is a beast, and I'm kind of hankering for breaking that New Year's Resolution.



fyi - here's the full menu

ShareThis